Role title: Event Management Intern
Paid/unpaid: Unpaid internship
Term of internship: 1 month (1 October-1 November)
Time commitment: 4-6 hours per week (remote working conditions)
This role is responsible for the promotion and management of one Humanities 21 event, to be run in partnership with the Melbourne Museum on 31 October.
The incumbent will be comfortable with social media promotion and have some experience in managing events. Written and oral communication are cornerstones of this role, and the incumbent will be enthusiastic and collaborative in their approach to promoting and managing this event.
The incumbent will be required to attend 2-4 meetings during business hours and must be available to work from 5pm-9pm on Wednesday 31 October.
This role can be worked from home or at a CBD office but will require travel to the Melbourne Museum in Carlton on 2-4 occasions.
- Prior event management experience
- High level communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Confident use of social media
- Firsthand experience in event management
- Experience working with a non-profit organisation
- Exposure to quality programming and content
- Letter of recommendation upon completion of the internship