Role title:Communications Intern
Paid/unpaid: Unpaid internship
Term of internship: 6 months (1 October 2018 – 1 March 2019)
Time commitment: 2-4 hours per week (remote working conditions)
This role is responsible for producing written communications for Humanities 21, including weekly social media posts and a monthly newsletter.
The incumbent will be responsible for researching, writing, and executing 2 posts on each of Humanities 21’s three social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) each week.
Once per month the incumbent will produce a newsletter using Mailchimp, which will require research into Melbourne’s events as well as promoting Humanities 21’s own events.
This role reports to the Humanities 21 Committee of Management and may be worked from home or at our CBD office location.
- Research and writing skills are essential, including understanding tone and correct grammar usage
- Prior experience using MailChimp or a similar eDM platform is desirable
- Prior experience using Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for marketing purposes is essential
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Firsthand experience in event management
- Experience working with a non-profit organisation
- Exposure to quality programming and content
- Letter of recommendation upon completion of the internship
To submit your application, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. To view other opportunities with Humanities 21, see our Internships page.